Sunday, June 4, 2017

Blog #15: Final Thoughts

"The Rise of Enlightened Sexism” topic struck a chord in me in this class, making me think twice about the television I grew up watching and what I watch now. I absorb the stories in a completely different way. While I agree with Douglas on most things, I disagree on placing Grey's Anatomy among the shows that fall into the enlightened sexism category. There is some display of it, but I see it as more of a story built on feminist views - I'll post my final paper on this topic later.

I also appreciated the opportunity to do a more non-traditional writing format with blog posts and feature-style writing assignments. It brought me back to my journalism days as an undergrad and inspired me to pursue more journalistic writing on the side. 


This was a great class to end my MLD program on. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed this class and got something out of it.

    ReplyDelete